Support of MPEG-4, 3GP and MOV in Total Recorder
Beginning with version 8.3 Total Recorder supports
MPEG-4, 3GP and MOV formats under Windows 7 and above. Note
that Total Recorder Standard and Professional Editions can work
only with audio within these video containers while Total Recorder
VideoPro and Developer Editions can work with both audio and video.
There is no need to install a third-party component
to play or record MPEG-4, 3GP or MOV files. However, when working
with these types of files in Total Recorder you should be aware
of the following:
- Each of these file types is supported only beginning with the
Windows 7 operating system.
- Only files with AAC audio streams are supported.
- Encoding to an AAC audio format requires the following attributes:
1 or 2 channels; 44100 or 48000 Hz; 96 kbit/s, 128 kbit/s, 160
kbit/s, or 192 kbit/s.
- For playback, only video files with AVC/H.264 or MPEG-4 part
2 video streams are supported.
- Playback of video files with AVC/H.264 video streams can only
be done at normal (x1) speed.
- While saving files or performing recording, only encoding to
AVC/H.264 video format is available.
- A MOV file cannot be created. You can play back a MOV file or
re-save it in another container.
- If a video file has several audio streams then Total Recorder
can preserve only one of them when re-saving the file.
- If an MPEG-4, 3GP or MOV video file contains B-frames then these
frames will be lost when re-saving the file without conversion.
- A file greater than 4GB in size cannot be created.
For more technical information on specific restrictions,
refer to the following links: